COMING HOME - VETERANS
Lesbian Veterans coming home to land. Training, support, connections, grant programs and loans for purchase of farm land and equipment.
RESOURCES & ORGANIZATIONS
- This page provides information about beginning farmer training programs specifically targeted toward military veterans.
- The program is available to military veterans who have recently begun farming & who wish to learn more skills, explore sustainable and diverse enterprises.
- Veterans receive benefits for education or for starting farms and businesses...
- This innovative program designed to educate and empower veterans with lessons in farming, homesteading and sustainability.
- Program, Career Services, Educational Assistance, Home Loan Guaranty
- FVC is chock full of programming, from farm retreats, to financial planning and business courses, to a small grants program that helps aspiring farmer veterans .
- The Solider Agricultural Vocational Education Farm is committed to helping veterans and service members transition into agriculture.
- Military vets can transition into the working world easy by completing this 1-year Organic Farming certification program at Delaware Valley College.
- Learn how to develop an ag business plan, start an ag business, farm or ranch with a disability,
- This program is looking to enhance the sustainability of farm operations of veterans, socially disadvantaged, and new farmers in South Florida.
- These programs are important in developing necessary skills in farming, while also addressing the difficulties some veterans face in their transition back to civilian life
- The six week certificate program provides an intensive introduction to small scale sustainable farming, hands-on hydroponic greenhouse management
- Feb 2, 2015 ... A well-established agricultural outreach effort run by Cornell is taking on a new mission designed in part to help returning veterans find futures
- Nov 10, 2016 ... The new Farm Bill requires a preference be given to veteran farmers and in awarding grants to producers under this program
- May 29, 2015 ... With more veterans being drawn to careers in agriculture there is a need for programs and organizations to help them get started in agriculture
- Jul 30, 2015 ... Vets to Ag - Veteran's Agri-food and Natural Resources Worker ... The Vets to Ag program is an innovative residential training program for US ...
Note: Many communities and local non-profits offer additional resources